Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Mission

A great deal has been published on the topic of finding one’s mission. Much is built on the idea that your mission is “out there somewhere” and you have to find it.

Have you ever been told that God has a specially designed job just waiting for you? That may actually be the case for some people. However, in the stories that I have heard regarding this, God has made it very clearly evident to those people exactly what and where the job is. I personally have not seen any “writing on the wall” or audible commands to “go to Nineveh!”

More often God places our mission or “calling” within our hearts. We are born with unique gifts, abilities, and desires that come together in a career path that is most suited to us. The answer is not “out there” but inside each of us. That is where I have looked for my answer. A small voice inside of me asked, “Scott, what do you want to do with your abilities?”

I now have a great many possibilities in front of me, so long as they satisfy my purpose in life. Here are a few desires and things I like to do:

· Playing the piano
· Snow Skiing
· Horseback riding
· Reading
· Thinking and formulating ideas
· Sharing ideas
· Creating things
· Helping other people
· Making money
· Spending money on other people

I have a strong background of experience and training in these areas:

· Math and Engineering
· Economics
· Computers and the Internet
· Philosophy and Psychology
· Leadership and Management
· Motivational Speaking

My past is full of a variety of missions, projects, and jobs that I have undertaken with varying degrees of success. Some I enjoyed, others I certainly did not enjoy. The point is that there have been many, NOT JUST ONE MISSION. Even if God sends you on a specific mission, it may not be your life-long mission.

So I have CREATED a new mission to set out upon. No one else said, “Scott, go do this!” It is something that I have designed for myself, to satisfy my purpose and fulfill my God-given desires.

Part 1 – The Need

In the past, I have set out more than once on a mission to start a home-based business to earn extra income while helping other people. In each instance, I successfully reached friends and family with the good news and mission of the company I represented. I also quickly ran out of prospects. I became part of a well-known statistic that 70 to 80% of people who get involved in network marketing quit after about three months. My mind could not comprehend why something that looked so simple on paper could be so difficult or seemingly impossible to achieve.

Compounding the problem, the internet is flooded with "Success Systems" and "Secret Formulas" that take advantage of the uninformed looking for an "easy way" to riches. These tactics have given the industry a bad reputation.

Word-of-Mouth advertising by non-professional marketing teams are a proven effective method for a corporation to build a large client base and "sales" force. However, as the statistics show, most individuals are left disillusioned and frustrated in their efforts.

The reality is that in any network marketing or multi-level marketing organization, solid and profitable growth can only be achieved through proper marketing techniques. Advertising and marketing are the keys to effective sales, and people must put forth the effort to understand and use sound practices.

Part 2 – The Vision

To help create a new generation of Network Marketers who understand the fundamentals of sales and marketing. The "secrets" of how Network Marketing actually works will be available for anyone, not just the top insiders. Those who truly have a desire will have the knowledge required to be successful in the industry. The people who fail will only be those who do not work to succeed.

Part 3 – The Mission

Expose the Network Marketing industry. Educate people on how it truly works so they no longer feel like they were tricked, scammed, or taken advantage of. Help Network Marketers think “outside of the box” using a tool called “InterNetworking.” Teach people the real market forces behind success or failure in sales and marketing.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." – Jeremiah 29:11

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was delighted to read this and follow through to your linked articles. I love your sense of mission and your helpful style makes it so much clearer. I just joined OBA and, as a Christian I have qualms about money making. I am trying to find an easier solid way to help my family. You point to that way.
I am now struggling with seeing how to put out promotion for my site on a new website. I am a member of Vital Viral and will follow your advice to promote it. I thought of calling the site wisemoves.com and hope it works.
I don't understand how I link with OBA ebooks but I'm trying.
Thank you for this help anyway.
Jane in Harrow, Ontario

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home